Happy Memorial Day to everyone out there.....whether you're in the US or not! I don't consider this just a US holiday. This holiday is for everyone who's ever fought for something they believe in because when you do so, you're fighting for the freedom to believe in your thoughts, values, etc.
Life is a journey. ENJOY IT!!! Just because you may not believe in the same thing someone else does, doesn't mean they shouldn't have that opportunity to believe in it. Always get the different view points. That doesn't make you disloyal to your beliefs. Just makes it that much easier for you to understand where other people are coming from and visa versa.
Speaking of journeys, I've been reading the Tibetan Book of the Dead and am finding that that book is talking about the journey. Your destination just gives you a point of reference. At least, that's what I'm picking up from it. It just seems very much like common sense to me. But I think you'll find that point made in most spiritual writings and in Hollywood.
National Lampoons Vacation comes to mind....Remember, their destination was Wally World, but the movie was about their journey, not the destination. That only came at the end. And what a journey!!! I'm sure we all have our own "journey" stories. Some good, some bad. But they all make us who we are and those lessons will only help in the future.
As scary as it seems....just leave yourself open for the experiences that come your way. Doesn't mean you have to participate in everything, but just be aware they're out there. And always give more than you take. I've found that by giving more than I take and doing so freely, I always have something given to me in return. Doesn't mean it's what I want, but it's usually what I need. :-)
Enjoy the rest of your day!! And be sure to thank those who've fought for what we have today....everywhere!
Monday, May 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment