Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Persistence

Hi Kiddies,

Today's lesson.....Persistence.  After my last entry, I was told to hang in there.  I would come through it and that I'd always been persistent.  Thanks Dad!!  Then I got to thinking of all the times I was persistent. Like when I used to climb over the fence in the backyard when I was 5, even after I was told not to do that (although, I'm pretty sure that's not what my dad meant ;-).  But the thought brought a smile to my face.  So I thought some more and realized my main persistence in life was to be happy.

And when I talk about being happy, I'm not talking about all the usual ways people make themselves happy.  Material things are nice, but nothing to rely on.  To me, happiness is when you're comfortable with yourself.  Sure, you may not have the career you want, or the house, car, etc.  But, can you live with yourself, day in and day out?  Some people call that inner peace.

It always makes people frustrated when I'm asked what I want out of life only to tell them that I just want to be happy.  The question that is always asked after that....."what does that mean?"  For me, it means smiling when your sad, giving comfort when you're tired and to realize that no matter where a person comes from....we're ALL HUMAN!  Enjoy the journey, twists, turns and all.

I know, I know, this is a reoccurring theme with me.  What can I say...I'm persistent :-p  There are always silver linings in life!  You just have to look within yourself to find them.  No one else can do that for you.

Well, that's all I have time for now....I promise to share more of my "persistent" youth next time.  Remember, smile!  It's just life ;-)

No comments: